In stomatology, the Plasmolifting™ method allows the local stimulation of regenerative processes in the tissues, eliminating the inflammation of the periodontium, triggering the natural recovery of the shape and structure of the gums and preventing further bone loss. The autologous plasma injections form new capillaries and improve metabolism and blood supply, as well as increasing the local immunity of the oral cavity.
This method can be used together with prescribing antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory drugs, making it possible to use autologous platelet plasma injections as part of a complex therapy.
Injection areas and operating mode
In stomatology, the Plasmolifting™ method means injecting platelet enriched plasma into affected tissues of the gums, implant sites or bone plastics, sinus lifting areas, extirpated teeth alveoli, osteosynthesis or fixed membrane areas, soft tissue maxillofacial areas. Recommended needle size: 0.3 mm diameter, 13 mm length (29G).
Due to the growth factors it contains, platelet-rich plasma injected into the tissues favors the formation of capillaries, normalizes hydrodynamics, tissue respiration, substance exchange. Also, the bone tissue is strengthened, collagen matrix and bone formation takes place, with the participation of collagen bone morphogenetic proteins. Local immunity is activated.
The elements contained in the plasma are entirely natural, have no mutagenic action, and do not cause oncological diseases, tumors, and other negative effects. An indisputable advantage of the Plasmolifting™ method is its harmlessness: the content of the PRP injection is the patient’s own product, it is not toxic, and completely excludes any rejection, allergic and infectious reactions.
The table of indications and clinical effects for applying the Plasmolifting™ method
|Periodontitis||Elimination of gum bleeding and tooth mobility; inhibition of the progession of periodontal diseases||Course of 2 – 4 procedures, with an interval of 7 days|
|Gingivitis||Elimination of inflammation and bleeding; the gum aquires a ntural color, the gingival margin is even and rounded.||Course of 2 – 4 procedures, with an interval of 7 days|
|Alveolitis||Reduction of pain syndrome, elimination of inflammatory reaction, fster healing of tooth extraction alveoli||Course of 2 – 4 procedures, with an interval of 7 days|
|Peri-implantitis||Inhibitio of inflammation; accelerated tissue restoration, elimination of bleeding||Course of 2 – 4 procedures, with an interval of 7 days|
|Operație de implant dentar||Local activation of the regenerative processes and cellular metabolism, reduced rehabilitation period, lower risk of implant failure||Course of 2 – 4 procedures, with an interval of 7 days|
Indications in stomatology:
- generalized periodontitis (degree of severity 1, 2 and 3)
- localized periodontitis
- prophylaxis of periodontal tissue diseases
- implant operations, tooth extractions
The advantages of the Plasmolifting™ method in stomatology:
- enables stimulation of self-regeneration processes in problematic areas and tissues
- promotes capillary formation
- normalizes hydrodynamics, tissue respiration and substance exchange
- the elements contained in the plasma are entirely natural, have no mutagenic action and do not cause oncological diseases, tumors, and other negative effects
- the method is not toxic and completely excludes any rejection, allergic reactions, and the possibility of infection
- antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs used in modern Stomatology have reduced efficacy, often they only reduce inflammation and temporarily improvie hemodynamics, without directly stimulating regeneration processes; the tissues in those areas are already structurally destroyed, hence the flow of nutrients and “building blocks” is difficult and the effect obtained will be temporary and not very strong
Used in dentistry, PlasmoliftingTM helps:
- control gingival bleeding
- the prophylaxy of periodontal disease
- reduce dental mobility
- eliminate halitosis (bad breath)
- eliminate pain
- accelerate the healing of the extirpated teeth
- reduce the risk of implant rejection
- stop the progression of periodontal disease
- recover the physiological color and anatomical shape of the gums
- favor post-implant healing
We recommend combining PlasmoliftingTM with the following procedures:
- professional oral hygiene
- application of ointments and gels
- pharmaceutical treatment
- photodynamic therapy
- local ozone therapy